View a list of Committee Members.
The Rockland Americans with Disabilities Act Commission serves as a resource to the Town of Rockland community to address accessibility, equal rights, and other issues of concern to people with disabilities. Specifically, in accordance with M.G.L. chapter 40, Section 8J, the Commission is responsible for:
- Researching local problems of people with disabilities
- Advising and assisting municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations that affect people with disabilities
- Coordinating or carrying out programs that meet the needs of people with disabilities in coordinating with the programs of the MA Office on Disability
- Reviewing and making recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities, and facilities of departments, boards and agencies of the Town of Rockland as they affect people with disabilities
- Providing information, referrals, guidance, and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, business, and organizations in all matters pertaining to disabilities
- Coordinating activities of other local groups organized for similar purpose